I see a "negative balance" in my acct. Where is this negative balance coming from?

Coursedesign
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot find a way to see this online. PayPal advises to look at Activities, but that section doesn't have a running balance. I'm at wit's end, and PayPal has gone home to rest for the weekend.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

cabbie
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me...a MAC/CHROME person...

1. Log in

2. Go to Activities

3. Go to statement (upper right)

4. Choose "Custom"

5. Choose "Balance Affecting" for transaction

6. Choose your date range

7. Then choose CVS (the other methods did not show a running balance)

8. Hit "CREATE" and wait for your report to be generated. 

I hope this helps, as Paypal could not answer this simple question. Their steps don't work for me. They kept referring me back to a page with inaccurate/incomplete instructions. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

cabbie
Contributor
Contributor

This worked for me...a MAC/CHROME person...

1. Log in

2. Go to Activities

3. Go to statement (upper right)

4. Choose "Custom"

5. Choose "Balance Affecting" for transaction

6. Choose your date range

7. Then choose CVS (the other methods did not show a running balance)

8. Hit "CREATE" and wait for your report to be generated. 

I hope this helps, as Paypal could not answer this simple question. Their steps don't work for me. They kept referring me back to a page with inaccurate/incomplete instructions. 

Login to Me Too

Coursedesign
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!!! I think the original cause of it is that PP signed me up for a Cash Plus Account without my approval. If I can’t find any documentation to the contrary, I would have to conclude that this is similar to what Wells Fargo did, signing up customers (w/o their approval) for accounts to meet sales quotas, then charging fees. The CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) recovered $12 Billion from WF in refunds to their customers and fines.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.