Email says negative balance, but balance is 0 and didn't access other bank accounts?

User2019
Contributor
Contributor

I received emails telling me I had a negative balance from 2 different transactions. However, logging in, I found my balance was $0.00 as always. So what does this mean and what do I have to do?

Furthermore, I have 2 bank accounts linked to paypal. I noticed my usual one was low on money but shouldn't paypal have used the other if the first one was out of money? The 2 transactions could easily be covered by the other bank account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

PAYPAL Will use the one bank account you choose when making payment,try linking a credit card

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

when you make payment,you tell Paypal where you want the money to come from,if you have 2 banks,you tell which bank to use.

if you have a credi card linked,then Paypal will advance the payment for you to the seller and then get the money back from your bank account next day or later.

if there Is not enough money in your bank,it will turn around and charge your credit card.

if it happens often your bank account does not have enough fund,it could delink that bank account.

it does not hop around from bank to bank trying to guess which account has enough fund. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

could they have already charged your credit card?

check the card statement

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.