Card seemingly not supported for withdrawing money from PayPal

LucianLekaj
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my PayPal account. I setup my account with a US address because I use PayPal to pay for Spotify Premium. I'm from Croatia so Spotify is not available here, which is why I set my account to a US address.

For the first time, I have received money on my PayPal account instead of sending or paying. Now the problem is that I can't withdraw money to my Croatian Visa Electron debit card. When I go under "Transfer money", my card is listed under "These can’t be used for transfers" with an additional explanation: "Most major debit cards and many banks accept transfers, but certain banks and card issuers aren’t supported."

My card is already verified and I can pay with it without a problem (I pay for Spotify Premium every month), but now that I want to withdraw money, suddenly my card is not supported. What is going on here? I contacted my bank and they said that there are no such limitations on the card from their side and that I should contact PayPal.

What should I do to withdraw that money to my card? I can't link my bank account to the PayPal account because the PayPal profile is linked to the US, and I'm actually in Croatia. I could unlink my card and close my account to open another one with a Croatian address, but then how do I save my money that I already received on my current PayPal US account? Why is my card not acceptable for withdrawal? Is the US address the problem or?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

creativersis
New Community Member
If you have a problem with the fact that you made an US account and you are trying to connect a HR card why don't you open a separate personal Paypal account with another email address and add your card there. Then just transfer the money from one account to the other and withdraw the money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.