7 year member, no funds available for anything

jbs22
Contributor
Contributor

I've been an Ebay member in good standing for 7 years with 100% positive feedback. I wanted to make a little extra money for Christmas gifts for my family so I listed 3 items and they successfully completed auctions. Since I have only been a buyer up until now, Ebay won't release my funds. I can understand the policy to protect buyers from a new seller, but from a seller who has 55 transactions as a buyer for more than a few thousand dollars over a 7 year period?  Ebay won't let me print shipping labels from my selling balance nor will they let me pay my selling fees from the balance. It states in my Ebay that my funds won't be available until the 27th of December which is after Christmas. It says in the terms and conditions that I can use 15% up to 50 dollars and 30% for sales over 50 dollars for shipping yet I still am unable to print any shipping labels from the balance. I left feedback and a tracking number for 1 transaction and have had great communication with all 3 satisfied buyers. I use the Post Office so I had to wait until today (Monday) to enter the other tracking numbers but I really want to print out the labels from my balance. It still won't let me. My mother-in-law is 93 years old and this is probably going to be her last Christmas with her failing health. I not only can't buy her or my friends anything before Christmas because Ebay won't release my funds for 21 days but now I am even more out of pocket to buy gifts because I have to pay selling fees and shipping out of additional money even though I have $700 in Ebay. I am so upset I can't even tell you. All I can do is buy my family nominal gifts instead of something really nice, but only after I pay additional shipping today which will be close to another hundred dollars. Being an account holder on Ebay with 100% positive feedback as a 7 year buyer for 55 transactions I guess accounts for nothing and has actually put me more out of pocket than before I sold anything. My integrity is so sterling, I've never missed a payment on anything my entire life or been late, and I've also got an A-1 security clearance with the Federal government which enabled me to do contractor work for them in the past as well as run the audio feed for the vice-president of the United States. I don't even have a traffic ticket on my entire driving record at 65 years of age. Very disappointed Ebay is putting me on the same level as someone with no history and because my funds are unavailable for 21 days my plans for extra special Christmas gifts are totally ruined.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.