how to get back refund to personal account

cheeky13
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked that i had got refund last year Nov.2018 and i checked it that it never reached to my personal bank account. seems it just disappeared somehwere . I cant see it even in paypal wallet or paypal total balance too. How can i get back this account ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cheeky13 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cheeky13
Contributor
Contributor
Thank U for ur quick reply. i checked my personal account too but it never received the fund which i got to paypal account. so i can see this amount in paypal that it was refunded but after that it never reached to personal. So i got confuse here.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @cheeky13,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

As @kernowlass mentioned, payments funded by the card will be refunded to the card and payment funded by the bank account will be refunded to that bank account. If you are unable to locate the refunded amount in either your card or bank account, it may be that the original payment was funded by your PayPal balance. If this is the case, the amount would have been refunded to your PayPal balance. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.