Where did my money go?

iLeafeon
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to send $25.25 to a friend

1. Send $25.25(A) to friend using my bank account
  2. Realize that this is going to take 3-5 business days
  3. Cancel the transaction (there's a "You can cancel this transaction in under 30 minutes" button, so I click it - twice, to make sure)
  4. Paypal claims the transaction was canceled
  5. Send $25.25(B) to friend using my actual paypal card
  6. They receive the $25.25(B)
  7. The $25.25(B) is taken from my account, all good
  8. The $25.25(A) is taken from my bank account, not good
  9. Tell my bank that I canceled on paypal's end, they claim that all went good on their end
  10. Tell Paypal that something has gone wrong, paypal claims that all went good on their end
  11. Ask my friend if he received the second $25.25, he claims he did not

The $25.25 was taken from my bank, bank says to contact the merchant (paypal or friend??). Paypal claims the $25.25 was canceled, claims to contact bank. Friend says they didn't receive the second $25.25 (as paypal says, it's canceled). 

I've contacted support for both parties, I've sent emails to both parties, everyone is telling me to just wait until 29th of july but that was 3 days ago and I still don't have a darn clue where the money went.

iLeafeon_0-1627938279609.pngiLeafeon_1-1627938316960.png

iLeafeon_2-1627938361879.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iLeafeon 

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

iLeafeon
Contributor
Contributor

"takes a few days and sometimes up to a week"

It's been two weeks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.