What is ACH HOLD PAYPAL INST XFER?

gabxnguyen
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made two transactions (of $150 and $50) from PayPal to my bank account (BoA) and I saw I was $3.00 for "ACH HOLD PAYPAL INST XFER ON 09/05". From what I know, BoA doesn't charge fee for receiving money from PayPal or am I missing something?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Automated Clearing House (ACH) is an electronic network for financial transactions in the United States. ACH processes large volumes of credit and debit transactions in batches. ACH credit transfers include direct deposit, payroll and vendor payments.   Your bank places a hold on the funds in your account so that the money will be available for settlement.   When you see an ACH hold on your account, you’re aware that your payment is about to be sent and that those funds are no longer available for you to spend.

As for the $3.00 - not sure what that means - there should not be any fees - you may want to follow-up with your bank.

Login to Me Too

Joy_0164
Contributor
Contributor
How long do they hold ur money? Do u ever get what u ordered. It has been 10 days and they haven't released the money. So i didnt get my product I ordered.
Login to Me Too

Harylam1996
Contributor
Contributor
I have some problem this problem . I wake up and checked my bank account. There was ACH hold paypal inst xfer . They deducted by 60 dollar . Did you solve a problem ? Can you show me how were you solve it ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.