Wallet Function - What Do I/Paypal Do?

spygirlc
New Community Member

Hi All - 

I'm super new here. All set up and verified. 

I also sent my Mother some funds. 

I assumed that the reason for adding the bank account was for those funds to be withdrawn from (-- i.e., I send $100 Paypal verifies that can be withdrawn, does so, mom is happy!) 

But the money is still in my bank. Money got posted to her from paypal. I am noticing you don't need the funds. 

So do I upload the $100 from my bank to the wallet? 

I might have made an assumption that PP operates like Interac or debit. Silly question maybe. Just need to know. 

(It was also a holiday Monday here yesterday, so if it's Paypal that actions the withdrawal, maybe it'll post tomorrow?)

Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spygirlc 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.o await clearance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.