Verification code refund

Johan_12
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I added a debit card two days ago but as it is a French debit card I had to remove it. However, I was charged 1.50€ to verify it and I haven’t received any refund. Can someone please help me with that? Many thanks,
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johan_12 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

HOWEVER you may be able to add it if the billing address of the card matches the address on your paypal account???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johan_12 

Normally the money is returned when you confirm the card, if you fail to do so then it should 'time out' in 30 days and then be credited to your card again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Johan_12
Contributor
Contributor
Ah okay. Thank you very much for your help. Well, do you know if it’s possible to add a French debit card even though my Paypal is UK based?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johan_12 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

HOWEVER you may be able to add it if the billing address of the card matches the address on your paypal account???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Emes1
Contributor
Contributor

I have a problem like this but for some reason, they did not give me a code after they charge me so I don't know what to do and the verification suddenly disappear

Login to Me Too

Emes1
Contributor
Contributor

I also remove the card because I thought it might charge me again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.