Unable to withdraw PayPal balance.

oSammy21
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal balance in which I want to withdraw to a VISA card - previously I've done this with no issue - I have two VISA cards which allow immediate withdrawals which I've used with PayPal before.

About 2 weeks ago I tried to withdraw when a security message popped up requesting me to confirm a code via mobile. The mobile shown was my old mobile phone number. I backed out and changed my mobile number in my account to my current. I tried to withdraw again to a generic error saying the transaction couldn't be completed try again later. I tried to withdraw via bank account...same error...tried my other VISA, same error.

I saw on forums this could be a security hiccup where PayPal has to confirm your account which could take a couple days. I messaged support anyway which gave me a generic automated response which said to withdraw via bank account when I said I had tried that already.

A few working days passed and I tried again. Still a no go. Same error.

I've sent support a handful of seperate messages where they have given me similar automated like responses from "maybe your card doesn't allow this" (called my bank to verify nothing has changed with my cards) - even so my bank account withdraw should work. Also got some responses which felt like I was being spoken down to like "you must try to withdraw more than $1.00" when my initial messages summarise my issues where I'm trying to withdraw obviously more than a dollar.

The message centre hasn't been helpful at all in regards to this. I feel like the responses are rush, automated as if they've read a word from my problem and copy/pasted a response from that word alone.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

aychua11
Contributor
Contributor

I can relate to your frustration.  It gives me the impression that since PayPal Customer Service Agents are behind a wall, totally protected by the internet and emails, they are playing god over us.  My account was put on a "limited" status for absolutely no reason at all.  There are no complains or issues  whatsoever.  Maybe the Customer Service Agent just had an imagination or a dream or maybe I misspelled 1 word in my email, the next thing I know my account has been on hold status.  Customer Service is asking me to submit additional details about myself, which was ok when I read it the first time but now I'm having second thoughts because I feel that I cannot trust how my information would be handled by such Agents with no ethics and that by doing this, I'm exposing myself to much bigger privacy issues in the future.   By the way, the name of the Customer Service Agent who I last talked to is "Emmanuel".  He MIGHT be the one responsible for all this.  I'm just giving a heads up.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oSammy21 

As far as i can see the only option in your country is to withdraw to a linked bank account and not a card.

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/can-i-withdraw-money-from-my-paypal-account-to-my-credit...

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

oSammy21
Contributor
Contributor

I've been withdrawing via VISA for over a year now. No issue.

But even so I cannot even withdraw via bank account. Same errors on both methods of withdrawals.

It's a struggle.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.