UK Paypal withdraw PLNs to PL account.

TomaszUKS90

Hi,

I originally created ebay account as well as PayPal account in UK with UK bank linked.

Recently I moved to Poland and sold few items in PLNs (PL currency) to my surprise I am not able to add/link my polish bank account to paypal as there is no option to change billing address and it only allows to add UK billing address card.

Ebay charged its share for this items, as well as PayPal took around 25GBP(fees taken in PLNs) in fees already and I seem not to have any option to withdraw my monies.

1. I am aware that I could withdraw in GBP but that would mean forced exhange which should never happen.

2. I am aware that I could create PL paypal and send my PLNs from UK paypal to PL paypal and still pay forced fees ?!

Do I have any other options ? I really sounds like bit of the theft that only options I have is always fee related just when I want to withdraw in currency i was paid ;(

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TomaszUKS90

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TomaszUKS90

The only thing I did was I listed items on ebay, ebay asked me from where i am sending and all was set to my polish address so item location was Cracow Poland.

Ebay never asked me "hey, we noticed u only have UK Paypal so you won't be able to withdraw your monies if somebody pays you (unless you pay us a lot of additional fees!)" this seems bit odd as i could spend 50% of my time in UK and 50% of my time on PL or any other country 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.