Transferred funds from PayPal balance do not appear in credit card nor bank account

Srecko91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

As the title states... Why are my funds not appearing on the credit card I transferred them to?

I will try and provide as much information as I can.

1) I live in Bosnia.

2) It is not my credit card. It is the credit card of my mother's new boyfriend.

I asked him if I could connect the card to my PayPal account in order to transfer the funds

I had earned from making cheat tables (71,56 USD | 128,76 BAM, according to Google). He agreed.

3) I transferred 40 USD to his card on March 29th, and then 31,56 USD on April 3rd.

None of those funds have reached his SBERBANK VISA card.

4) Out of curiosity I tried to test the card on an mmo (Allods Online),

to see if it even works online (With his permission, of course.

I wasn't going to buy anything anyway, just test it). It said that the card isn't accepted.

Which leads me to believe that it can only be used with ATM machines and not online.

So I ask you: Do I need to wait longer for the funds to appear on his card, or is something wrong?

Regards.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Srecko91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Goldileen,

Thank you for replying.

I got a reply from Patricia earlier today.

Here is what I wrote to her:

-----------------

Hello,

Thank you for replying with information on how to resolve this.
However, there is no Complete your profile option under my name.
All I see is: "Hello, Srećko", on the Summary page.

Anyway, I decided to confirm Marinko's card (That's the name of my mother's boyfriend).
It says I have to wait a day or two and then he has to go to the bank and check the bank statement for the 4-digit code.

However... I do not think I should be confirming someone else's card.
Is such a thing even allowed? What will happen to my account if I remove it in the future and replace it with (hopefully) my own VISA card?

Also... I just called him on Viber and told him what you told me.
He said that the funds have been transferred to his card today.
This puzzles me, because you wrote that I need to verify the card before I can withdraw money from my PayPal balance. Which - according to his report earlier today - I do not need to.

Should I still go with confirming his card, or just ignore it since the money has been transferred?

Regards.
-----------------

The money was successfully transferred to Marinko's credit card even though the names differ.
I'll try to open a bank account with a bank that has VISA cards that can be used to shop online,
since the bank I was with before (Addiko Bank), didn't have VISA's; They had Master cards.

Anyway, since I think this is no longer an issue, I'll mark your reply as the solution.
Have a good day.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Srecko91

Thank you for your patience. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here.

Most of the time, withdrawals fail because the information you entered when you added your credit card to your PayPal account doesn’t match the information your card issuer has about you.

For example, the name on your PayPal account must match the name on your credit card statement. If your name is James Patrick Smith, but the name on your credit card statement is “J P Smith,” you would need to use “J P” as your first name when you add your credit card. This is important because we use the name on your PayPal account when we send transfer requests.

You can help prevent failed future withdrawals by making sure your credit card information is correct. An easy way to do this is to remove your credit card and add it again.

If it has been more than 14 business days since you requested your withdrawal, we can help you track it.

To cover the costs of returned withdrawals, we charge a fee for returned transfers. Click Fees at the bottom of any PayPal page to learn about return fees.

Note:
As a result of a decision made by Visa, it is no longer possible to withdraw money from a PayPal account to rechargeable Visa credit cards.

Hope this helps. Please stay safe. 

Kudos and Solved are greatly appreciated.. 😊

Login to Me Too
Solved

Srecko91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Goldileen,

Thank you for replying.

I got a reply from Patricia earlier today.

Here is what I wrote to her:

-----------------

Hello,

Thank you for replying with information on how to resolve this.
However, there is no Complete your profile option under my name.
All I see is: "Hello, Srećko", on the Summary page.

Anyway, I decided to confirm Marinko's card (That's the name of my mother's boyfriend).
It says I have to wait a day or two and then he has to go to the bank and check the bank statement for the 4-digit code.

However... I do not think I should be confirming someone else's card.
Is such a thing even allowed? What will happen to my account if I remove it in the future and replace it with (hopefully) my own VISA card?

Also... I just called him on Viber and told him what you told me.
He said that the funds have been transferred to his card today.
This puzzles me, because you wrote that I need to verify the card before I can withdraw money from my PayPal balance. Which - according to his report earlier today - I do not need to.

Should I still go with confirming his card, or just ignore it since the money has been transferred?

Regards.
-----------------

The money was successfully transferred to Marinko's credit card even though the names differ.
I'll try to open a bank account with a bank that has VISA cards that can be used to shop online,
since the bank I was with before (Addiko Bank), didn't have VISA's; They had Master cards.

Anyway, since I think this is no longer an issue, I'll mark your reply as the solution.
Have a good day.
Login to Me Too

Srecko91
Contributor
Contributor

I seem to have chosen my reply to you as the solution...

Can this be changed? Very sorry. I'm new to all this. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.