The "Wallet" it didn't work

Alexandros1
Contributor
Contributor

My card  has expired.

I click "Wallet" at the top of the page, to update my card's expiration date, but it shows me:

""There were a few errors in retrieving your data. Please retry after a few minutes. We apologize for the inconvenience. Retry""

It shows me this message all the time , when i push "Wallet". What i must do? Please help me 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Garykon13
Contributor
Contributor
Hello The same thing is happening to me the last 2 days. Did you find a solution? I tried to contact with PP but they didn't help me with their reply...
Login to Me Too

Alexandros1
Contributor
Contributor

No solution yet. Smiley Sad

They told me to call them 

"Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding your card.

For security reasons, we are unable to answer all enquiries we receive by email. In those circumstances, in order to maintain the integrity of an account, we need to make sure we are speaking directly to the account holder. To assist you with your issue, we recommend contacting us by phone and we will be more than happy to help you.
Our customer support telephone line (00353 1 436 9111) is open from 8.00am to 4.30pm GMT Monday to Friday. Rates from overseas landlines and mobile phones will vary.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
Inga
PayPal"

**bleep** 

Login to Me Too

Garykon13
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply! I see... I personally can't afford to call them. I'm seriously thinking to make a new account... If you call them and you have any information it will be very kind of you to share what they told you..
Login to Me Too

manikos
Contributor
Contributor

[UPDATE]: A tried to login to the Wallet page via a friend's page. Works brilliant. I noticed, though, that he uses the Greek language. I wondered. Went back to my home and changed language. Same **bleep**. Smiley Mad

[UPDATE]: Spoke twice today with a representative and the first time they told me to clear any cookies and content data from my browser. I did it all that but no luck (same problem). I, also, switched browsers (ff and chrome) but no luck either. The next time I spoke, they told me to send them a screenshot with the error page. I did it and now I'm waiting for their reply...

Same problem here! This is frustrating. I'll try to call them today and post any feedback.

Login to Me Too

MidblueGr
New Community Member

I have the same problem. Same error if i click on a card plus i cant do any purchases.

Checked with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome from both laptop and mobile.

The application runs ok but it is unusuable.

Judging from my experience with paypal support center first we will make colony to Mars and then they will assist us. 

Login to Me Too

Alexandros1
Contributor
Contributor

I think that we are all Greeks 

Only in Greece we have this problem? 

Login to Me Too

manikos
Contributor
Contributor

@Alexandros1Only in Greece we have this problem? 

No this is not true. I have tried with an account of a friend of mine (Greek too) and it works without any issue. I still wait for PayPal feedback. I have contacted them through Twitter, got a response and waiting further updates. Patience...

Login to Me Too

manikos
Contributor
Contributor

Got a response today. Seems like there is a problem only with their desktop version of PayPal. Here is the response:

Thank you for contacting PayPal. My name is Ben and I'm very pleased to take this opportunity to assist you today.

Unfortunately this error is still ongoing but I'm happy to inform you that there are some workarounds to this issue to help you view your wallet and withdraw your funds. If you log in from the app instead of the desktop site you can still view your wallet from there.

At least we got a response!

Login to Me Too

thedius
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem, I downloaded the app on Android as suggested by manikos and was able to withdraw money with it. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.