Personal

tarrinbloom
New Community Member
I had paid someone $140 & my bank account went into the negative (because I had one cent less than I needed). Okay, no problem, my fault. So, since the person already accepted the money, I just asked them to refund me the money and I’d pay them in person. Well, PayPal keeps taking the 140 out every three days. Even though this transaction should already be settled. I’m 113 dollars in the negative and CANNOT afford this as my bank will keep charging me overdraft fees. What do I do? Because this should not be happening and I will be deleting my PayPal after this.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Joy

Hi @tarrinbloom,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue with your PayPal account. When PayPal attempts to collect funds from a bank account, and is unable to due to insufficient funds, we may attempt to withdraw the funds up to 2 additional times. Once the process of retrieving funds from a bank account has been initiated, in cannot be stopped. You can learn more about what happens when funds are unable to be collected from a bank account by visiting the link here.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.