PayPal withdrawal failures when travelling to different locations.

Kevin_Cohen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm sure many of you have realized that when travelling around to different locations for vacation purposes or what not, PayPal will not let you withdraw your funds. Even when it’s the same device you usually use and what not.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, because with enough feedback, PayPal may implement features that would allow us to use PayPal as a bank, where it works no matter where you’re situated as long as you can provide the correct 2 step information.

This would be amazing for PayPal and most definitely bring in a lot more customers as it would have instant money transfers in addition to withdrawals working everywhere!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kevin_Cohen 

Paypal is country specific so best not to try and use a country specific paypal account in another country.

Paypal is not a bank and can't work like one so you need to realise they can't provide those options (nice though they may be).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kevin_Cohen
Contributor
Contributor

I was in the same country and wasn’t able to withdraw, hence why I’m making this forum. Upon my observations, anytime you’re far away from home whether it’s 1000km in your own country or in another country PayPal will have the same outcome. Unable to send money or withdraw balance until you’re back home. 

This is a major inconvenience, because that means paypal is rendered useless, you can only receive money making your balance grow, while withdrawing will not work and fail. In addition sending money isn’t an option either.

I spoke to the senior manager of PayPal’s customer support and he’s the one who told me he sees this issue present in many other peoples experiences as well. Therefore i decided to make this forum to get enough exposure to try and allow PayPal to work no matter where you’re situated. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.