Multiple problems with PayPal functionality and website

DavidSpector1
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried twice to add a new bank account to an existing PayPal account. I get no error message and the telephone message says the confirmation is successful. But I also get no confirmation that anything is happening and listing my banks still shows only one bank account after about 4 days. Your help center and chat service are useless. The "instant bank account addition" option only returns an error message at its final step.

Sometimes when I login, I get an error message "Something went wrong on our end".

Also, your automated chat doesn't understand "website problems" or "technical support" or anything else that I have tried to report bugs on the PayPal website. Also, the common problems lists on your Help pages do not include website bugs or technical support.

Your telephone support number just puts me on a wait queue.

Finally, the email support page allows me to enter a message, but after I submit reports an error with a generic error message.

Why is PayPal's website so full of problems as compared with other financial websites, such as that of Stripe?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi DavidSpector1,

Thanks for getting back with more information. As you said, this sounds like it may be a website issue. I can definitely ensure this is reported, however that won't help with getting your bank added as soon as possible. 

I want to make sure your account is taken care of - please reach out to us on one of the social media links I provided above so that we can help get everything squared away. We'll need to take you through a quick identity verification, but should be able to help resolve this from there. Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey DavidSpector1,

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to add your bank and having trouble contacting us, I understand how frustrating that can be. When adding the bank, at what point in the process does the issue arise? Do you complete the process and then nothing happens? Have you used the bank you're trying to add on PayPal before?

Regarding contacting us, you can reach out on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to take a closer look at what's causing the issue and see what we can do to help. I apologize for the inconvenience, but appreciate your patience and effort in trying to get this resolved.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DavidSpector1
Contributor
Contributor

"I understand how frustrating that can be."

Yes, it certainly is. But at least the most important part of PayPal seems to work: basic payments in both directions.

"When adding the bank, at what point in the process does the issue arise?"

If I use Instant Add, I believe I have succeeded. The phone call validation passes, then nothing else happens. The Website just shows a blank "add new bank account" form. The bank account is not credited with test deposits 10 days after the attempt.

If I use Manual Add, the same thing results: phone call passes validation but nothing else happens.

"Have you used the bank you're trying to add on PayPal before?"

Yes, I have several accounts at the same Bank, and one of them was added to PayPal many years ago. The account I am trying to add as an additional bank account is both a personal and business account with TD Bank, but is not considered the "main" account.

I just logged into my TD Bank accounts and there are no pending ACH test transactions from PayPal to any of my accounts, even though I have tried to add the account several times over the past 10 days.

David Spector

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi DavidSpector1,

Thanks for getting back with more information. As you said, this sounds like it may be a website issue. I can definitely ensure this is reported, however that won't help with getting your bank added as soon as possible. 

I want to make sure your account is taken care of - please reach out to us on one of the social media links I provided above so that we can help get everything squared away. We'll need to take you through a quick identity verification, but should be able to help resolve this from there. Thank you!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

DavidSpector1
Contributor
Contributor

Your reply wasn't helpful yet. FaceBook is currently not accepting any posts, and I don't want to be limited by Twitter short posts. I will try again another time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi DavidSpector1,

I did just hear that Facebook as a whole is having worldwide outages today, it's definitely unfortunate timing. Hopefully they get everything up and running soon and we can work with you then. Thanks again for your patience.

Regarding Twitter, there is no character limit for direct messages, so if you reach out to us through a DM, there won't be any restrictions on your message character count. It should work the same as if you were to contact us through Facebook Messenger.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

DavidSpector1
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to send a "PayPal private message" but keep getting the response "Sorry, I don't understand". I don't use Facebook often. Please explain how to send a private message so I can get help. I seem to have to be very patient to get any help from PayPal. Your interfaces are not user friendly.

Login to Me Too

DavidSpector1
Contributor
Contributor

I AM STILL HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING ANY HELP AFTER OVER A WEEK.

I got the following useless message in Facebook:

"Thanks for the update. My name is Guru and here to help you. 🙂 I've reviewed all your interactions with us and found, you're trying to add a bank to your PayPal account. Please provide me with the screenshot of the error you're receiving, while trying to add the bank. Trust me with a little help from both of us, we can bring it to fruition! -Guru"

I replied to this message as follows:

"There is no error message, as I said. Just the bank account is not added and there is no on-screen confirmation that it was added. I do get an audio confirmation by telephone. If you can't really help me, PLEASE JUST SAY SO AND BE HONEST WITH ME."

I got the following immediate response:

"Sorry, I don't understand"

CAN ANYONE HERE HELP ME? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW PAYPAL GETS AWAY WITH NOT SUPPORTING ITS CUSTOMERS?

Login to Me Too

DavidSpector1
Contributor
Contributor

Ashley M, You are such a liar!

The latest message from PayPal on Facebook is a DEAD END as follows:

"We can't speak directly about your account over social media as we don't have a secure way to validate you. Please try to add the bank again. - Drew"

So, this thread is PROOF that PayPal will not work with someone who has problems with PayPal to fix them!

I'm not a fan of Facebook or skilled with it, so I'm not going to keep banging my head against the wall with it. I guess I have to bring a lawsuit against PayPal or complain to their District Attorney before I'm going to get ANY help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi DavidSpector1,

I'm definitely disappointed this hasn't been resolved yet. I apologize if you feel I've misled you - it's accurate that we're unable to openly discuss your account specifics over social media, as that isn't a secure platform, and we want to ensure your information is safe. The conversation can be started over social media and, if necessary, after we've found the information we need to diagnose the problem, it can be moved to another platform.

Please know that if we're requesting you to try something again and provide information, it's to help us identify the issue. I understand you've been working at this for quite some time, but the ultimate goal is to ensure the issue is resolved, and our requests are to try to reach that goal. I would request that you please give our Facebook agents another chance and try to work with them to get this figured out. 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.