Money hold

panser
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Two payments are on hold. Paypal says to ship/prove delivery first and then i can receive my money.

My question is this: The money have being payed by the costumers and paypal are holding them, right? I dont want to ship the records and then the costumers withdraw the money from their paypal balance and end up losing both the records and the money.

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@panser 

As long as the buyers funds are SHOWING in your paypal balance but have pending by them the buyer has paid.

The buyer does not know that their payment is on hold, its between you and paypal as per the new seller hold link below.

Even if the funds were in your bank account the buyer could still open a paypal dispute and if they won then paypal would refund the buyer and you would have to pay paypal back. So to avoid the hassle to paypal of the risk of you not paying them back they hold funds until you have a reasonable seller reputation.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/why-won%E2%80%99t-my-payment-be-available-for-21-days-fa...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

panser
Contributor
Contributor

I though its was a trick from the buyer first but when happened the second time i realized its me as a new seller and made the question to be sure. So tracking number+register mail from now on. Thank you kernowlass

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.