Is there any reason to use a checking account instead of paypal's crypto? It accumulates interest..

ayashii
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I'm gonna come out and say it because I've done a few experiments and I feel it's time I brought it to your attention.  

Let me just pose this as a question:  Is there any reason not to use PayPal @crypto as a checking account?  Sure it's volatile but actually accrues interest at a rate our generation can approve unlike traditional stocks. 

So I have to ask, is there any reason not to just toss my paychecks into buying say, bitcoin and letting it sit?

Discuss, as I've had success using mine this way

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ayashii
Contributor
Contributor

I should specify. I let 1200 mature into 2700, and another 3000 recently become 5000.  So it's not riches, but it's not bad

Login to Me Too

ayashii
Contributor
Contributor

And while I'm minding my self control with this idea, that 5000 turned into 5800 since my last post. Just ETH, nothing else.  This is the kind of mercurial quality of volatility that's got me asking this question in earnest to begin with.  

So yea bump ;D 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.