Onbuy.com - Paypal paid twice

Jaffa77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have been trying to explain this problem to Paypal, but have had no success to date.

While buying 2 separate items from 2 sellers on the onbuy.com site, the payment crashed.

I logged back into onbuy to see that the items were still in the basket.

This time the payment went through and the two items show in my onbuy account order history. This is still the case now.

But when checking paypal, the paymenys have been made twice. Two of the reference numbers do not exist on my onbuy account. One of the sellers refunded, but the other didn't. Paypal resolution was pretty useless as you cannot tell them what happened, as it menu driven.

Onbuy.com have shown no interest and don't even respond. Stay clear of these guys as they don't care at all if something goes wrong. They seem to just want to pass the buck to the seller or to Paypal.

This issue was caused by a sub standard payment system on the onbuy.com website. Duplicate payments should never happen like this. The fact that 2 of the items reference numbers don't even exist, shows they have system problems.

Paypal should investigate this issue.

Rant over, thanks for reading

Jaffa77

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaffa77 

Click on the transactions and report a billing error using the report option bottom of that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.