Instant bank transfer pending

marcinpolarczyk
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I've tried to withdraw money by instant transfer to my bank account and it was on the 12th May today is 14th and the status didn't change and contacting customer support is impossible as I'm trying to get in touch with and they not responding to my messages and when trying to call them there's no one to answer the phone. Madness, can someone advise me what to do??
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Sami1989
Contributor
Contributor

I also withdrew on the 12th and it's stuck on pending. After 2 days of trying I've finally had a response

I appreciate you letting me know about this.
I know how important this is for you to access your funds.
I carefully checked my records and I see that your withdrawal is still on processing, because of technical issue.
I already forwarded your account to tour Technical Department to fix the issue as soon as possible and we will get back to you once it gets resolved.
Rest assured that this will be taken care of.

I asked about a time frame and was told

Upon checking, there is no time-frame yet.
What I can assure you is you will receive an update from us, as soon as possible once it the issue gets resolved.
Login to Me Too

Mcstagg
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve personally had three separate excuses given to me by live chat agents

• its under review for security 
  • your bank rejected it
  • theres a technical problem

ive given up with talking to them now, I’ve made a case on resolver.co.uk which eventually will be passed onto a financial ombudsman. In the mean time if you have a solicitor speak to them too see what legal advice they can give. If there was a technical issue then at the very least there should have been some sort of statement by PayPal. 

I suggest everyone with this issue does the same.

Login to Me Too

JaqG
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Tried to move £160 to my Barclays account which is normally instant, and its been pending ever since!! Same messages sent to me that Ive seen herein. Are we never getting our money back? Im worried. 😞
Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well, looks like their systems are set up to put money back to account if transfer is not successful after 7 days.
Login to Me Too

Mcstagg
Contributor
Contributor
I just woke up to this reply and what seems to be the fourth different excuse. “ Elaine Grace8:24 AM Hi there this is Elaine, The previous representative is currently offline I will be the one that will assist you. Let me just read the previous conversation thank you. I understand that you would like to check on this pending withdrawal PayPal is currently doing some upgrades to improve our services which affected some of the functions on our system such as transferring funds to your bank. I assure you that we have our technical team working on a solution in a quickest possible time. We appreciate your patience. I do apologize for the inconvenience. though what I saw here that this was actually not 72 hours. this is a regular withdrawal that is for 3-5 business days,.. supposedly the money will be on your bank that will be on May 15 and the latest will be on May 19. Our chat session ends in 2 minutes due to inactivity. Please answer if you have further questions. Our chat ends due to inactivity. Thank you for contacting PayPal.” It was not a regular transfer, it was an instant one, it even says so on the transaction. Oh and to add insult to injury, this incredibly helpful agent ended my support chat so I’m now back in the 24 hour queue. I will be taking this message as my final notice though so I can escalate to the ombudsman.
Login to Me Too

Threelouis
Contributor
Contributor
That is shocking !!!! So they haven’t been working on it at all. And they couldn’t even be honest with us about the 7 day refund. Disgusting. Has anyone else received there money yet ?
Login to Me Too

Mcstagg
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah it’s utterly rubbish. Not to mention this person that sent that message can’t count. 12th until the 15th equals 3 days. 12th until the 19th does not make 5 days, instead it makes 7.
Login to Me Too

Threelouis
Contributor
Contributor

This is the level of customer service you get from your staff when you pay them $2 per hour. They have not fixed a single error. they have stolen my money. completely.

Login to Me Too

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well it is because they are quoting working days. Thus 5 working days will involve weekend and for us it is 7 days.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.