I've done an oopsie and "donated" money to Paypal

Glendover
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there

I just created a Paypal account and am figuring out how I it works in conjunction with my eBanking. Yesterday I tried to transfer some money from my Bank account to the Paypal account. My eBanking forms didn't give me an opportunity to insert all of my PayPal information so I just thought "Well if you don't ask you probably don't need it". As it turns out that was probably not enough and I just sent the money to "Paypal, the company". My question is, what happens now? Do these kinds of payments just automatically return after a while? Do I have to file a refund request or something? Have I just lost this round of the PayPal game? And should I just dump all of the remaining codes and numbers into the "Note for receiver" panel when making my next attempt?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi Glendover, 

There isn't really a way to send money to PayPal directly. You are able to add money to your balance in some countries so this is what could've been done. You may want to reach out directly to our customer service team or you can also message us on Facebook or Twitter for assistance. 

Thanks, 

Drew

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi Glendover, 

There isn't really a way to send money to PayPal directly. You are able to add money to your balance in some countries so this is what could've been done. You may want to reach out directly to our customer service team or you can also message us on Facebook or Twitter for assistance. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.