How do I find the account number and routing number for paypal debit card?

baronessjan
Contributor
Contributor

I want to use my paypal mastercard debit card for payment for amazon.com and they are asking for a account number and routing number. How do I find that?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

From the FAQs:

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/faq.shtml

The Bancorp Bank's ABA routing number is 031101169.

Note: Your card account number is not the 16-digit number on the card.

There are 3 ways to find out your card account number:

1. If your PayPal Prepaid Card is linked with your PayPal Account, log-in to your online Account Center. From the main menu, select, "Add/Manage Money" and then "Direct Deposit." The information required to enroll in the direct deposit service appears in the grey box on the right side of the screen.

2.   If you are enrolled in our real-time alerts service, text "DIRECT" to 22622. You will receive the information via a text message from PayPal — standard text message rates from your wireless service provider may apply.

3.   Call (866) 753-6440 and select the "Other Services" option from the menu.

Login to Me Too

notlitnez2000
Contributor
Contributor

When I followed PayPal's procedure for obtaining their ABA Routing number, I found <removed> as being their Routing number.

I am in the USA. Searching this ABA returns Wells Fargo Bank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Community!

This is an older topic but since it has quite a few views, I wanted to add some additional information for anyone looking for information about the PayPal Prepaid Card website.

If you are a PayPal Business account holder using the PayPal Prepaid Mastercard, please access your PayPal Prepaid account by visiting https://www.paypal-prepaid.com directly.  From there you can log into the account normally.

All other PayPal Prepaid card users may use this option as well if there are any difficulties locating the link while logged into PayPal.com. 🙂

Hope this helps!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

gamesjames
Contributor
Contributor

this looks to now be incorrect in both the routing number and where to find it on the website. might be correct on where to find it on the mobile app but not the website. to find the info you need on a computer go to right under your photo/ the greeting they give you when u log in theres a drop down menu then click view direct deposit info. Capture.PNG 

Login to Me Too

tramfjord
New Community Member

All of these are now wrong.  Hey big paypal UI/UX team - not only did you make it impossible to find this information on the main website (why am I even reading help messages), every help message about how to find the routing number/info is now wrong!   Pretty bad customer experience!

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

THERE is the Paypal business MC debit card which taps your paypal fund backe by bank fund.

It has no routing or bank account number.

There is the PAYPAL Prepaid MC debit card which cost 4.95 a month,it is managed by Bankcorp bank ,all the money from all the card members are held in one account,FDIC insured,thats why you have the routng number but not the account number,as one account holds every bodys 's fund., 

yu may want to go to AMZN forum and find out more

Login to Me Too

Redwest1
Contributor
Contributor
Amazon does not work with PayPal...you need a real bank account
Login to Me Too

Redwest1
Contributor
Contributor
Amazon does not work with paypal you need a real bank account
Login to Me Too

roxyriggs
Contributor
Contributor
Snowshoe had it right. I've gotten the Bancorp routing number and my acct number two of the three suggested ways. The first time I called Paypal Prepaid Mastercard and they supplied the requested info and today I texted the word Direct to 22622 and Viola! I received a text containing the info I was seeking, immediately.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.