How do I complain to the FCA about PayPal

Fox9
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to link my PayPal account to my bank account. After innumerable calls to offshore call centres staffed by incompetent cretins with an attitude problem and a tenuous grasp of English I got precisely nowhere - I simply cannot describe the frustration. Complaints to PayPal have not been answered, Including one to the CEO.

I am furious at the arrogant dismissive contempt PayPal treat their customers with and I have no confidence in the ability, willingness or work ethic of PayPal to do their job properly and will now take this to the FCA.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fox9 

Not sure the FSA will be particularly interested in the fact that you can't link your bank account.

Especially as they don't regulate Paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fox9
Contributor
Contributor

I actually stipulated the FCA as opposed to the FSA, and it is the lies, delays, incompetence, refusal to acknowledge or respond to complaints and constant time wasted speaking to offshore call agents who are bone idle bad attitude idiots I have a problem with - but my complaint has been accepted by the FCA for investigation and I have contacted PayPal and put said on notice I require all call notes, call times, emails and call records be made available to the FCA - I record all calls and want to preclude the problem of PayPal "losing or mislaying" the relevant evidence

Being treated with arrogant dismissive contempt by PayPal is unacceptable, action is being taken.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fox9 

FSA / FCA

As i said they no longer regulate paypal.

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000MfToaAAF

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.