Help urgent

Hb818
Contributor
Contributor
I got an echeck of 675 pounds and it said pending and that I need to send the good and put in tracking so I did and now it’s said cancelled what do I do please help
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hb818 

If the echeck showed in your paypal balance then paypal would not tell you to ship any item UNTIL the echeck had cleared and they give you a clearance date.

So was it actually in your balance and are you sure any emails were not spoofs?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hb818 

If the echeck showed in your paypal balance then paypal would not tell you to ship any item UNTIL the echeck had cleared and they give you a clearance date.

So was it actually in your balance and are you sure any emails were not spoofs?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hb818
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass The payment came up on my summary but said pending and the buyer told me I had to add shipping and then it would go into my balance it never did than it said it would be in my balance on the 2nd I checked today and it said cancelled and the buyer won’t text me back what can I do, thanks for the your help and also is PayPal closed to ring them now?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hb818 

Why would you let yourself be scammed by the buyer?

The echeck would tell you a clearance date and would also tell you to not ship until it cleared so why would you ignore that and do what your buyer said?

If it said it would clear on the 2nd then you WAIT until it clears on the 2nd and then send the item, if it didn't clear then you wouldn't have lost anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hb818
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass does this mean there is no way I can get the money can PayPal sort it out with buyer?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hb818 

Paypal can't force someone to pay you unfortunately.

You could try sending the buyer a money request for payment if you want and see if they will realise that their echeck failed and pay you again?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.