Help,refund,missing,withdrawal

Derek1988
Contributor
Contributor
HELP! I received a refund from a source for a purchase I made. PayPal deposited the refund in my account then they proceeded to withdraw the refund out of my account the same day for the same amount. Now I’m missing 130 dollars. Made a dispute they said it was deposited then closed my dispute. Talked with multiple customer service reps and they try to deflect it to my bank..ask my bank and they said they were going to do something about it and contact me which they haven’t in over a week. Everyone is giving me the run around, where is my money?? I have proof of this on my bank statement which I’ve shown to the customer service reps and my bank. Super frustrating
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Derek1988 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Derek1988
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply, this was almost a month ago and I have still not received the refund. Again they deposited it then for some reason it was withdrawn right after. Apparently it disappeared into thin air and nobody knows where my money is.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.