Give a penny, but take a pound?

Davey41
New Community Member

So when I set up my new PP account I had to look for a deposited amount in my bank account, and confirm the 4 digit code from that deposit, that deposit from PP to me was £0.01p

Next I have to confirm my debit card, this time I have to look for a 4 digit code from a withdrawal from my account, that withdrawal going to PP was £1.00

So I give you £1 and you give me 1 penny, first of all, why not an equal amount for each, so we are back to starting balance, and why did you sway it so that you get the £1 and I get the penny?

Can I have my £1 back please? 

And in future would you change it so that you deposit the same amount as you withdraw, you know, so it's FAIR

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Davey41 

Why don't you read the information on confirming a credit card before going off on a rant?

When you confirm the card it has to be a £1 as they work in a different way to bank accounts.

HOWEVER when you confirm your card the £1 is REFUNDED as per link.

You can keep the penny though !!!

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-much-will-i-be-charged-to-confirm-my-card-faq1315?ap...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.