EXTRA CHARGES IN MY BANK

ciarar97
New Community Member

I was sending my boyfriend money for our holiday and it was a large enough amount in EURO but it came up in POUND and when I sent it the transaction in my bank showed that they took about €25 more than I had sent. Does anyone know why???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @ciarar97,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I know being charged more than you expected can be very frustrating. When you send money and a transaction involves currency conversion. When we do your currency conversion, we will disclose the conversion rate to you at the time of the transaction. If you choose your bank's currency conversion procedures, we are not able to disclose the conversion to you. Your bank issuer will determine the foreign exchange rate to apply to the transaction, and you will not be informed of the foreign exchange rate or any additional foreign exchange fees applied until you are billed by your bank. I recommend that you contact your bank to clarify the amount you were charged.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.