Does Paypal remove forever your card details after you remove it from your account?

Zorba8
New Community Member

This is not an issue but more of a query on how Paypal operates at the back end. As a user, I am very concerned about the security of my finances and hence am posing this question from data security point of view.

So after a user delete their card from their account, does Paypal also remove all information whatsoever related to that card off their record? If they do that, it's good practice cos then in case of a data breach, sensitive information of customers will not leak. But if they don't do that, well, that's bad practice and secondly, why would a company hold on to details of a card that their consumer does not want to use?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jackline72
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot even remove my card details from the system - keeps instructing me to try again later - I need to cancel the card and remove it before closing the account.  Yet nobody seems able to help

Very frustrating and worrying

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.