Closing Accounts does not equate Unlinking the Credit Cards?

vanmar
New Community Member

Hi, I'm Vanessa. 

I tried to use a new account due to name problems. But I can't seem to unlink the credit card in my old account. My mistake was: I didn't remove the credit card on my old account before I try to link it to my new account. 

So now both accounts share the same credit card, but the new one stated that it's unconfirmed. And due to this, I can't unlink it from either, I keep getting an error message. I haven't closed the old account because I worry that linked information is stuck forever, and I cannot do anything to retrieve it. 

Can someone please, please give me a solution? Cuz the closest I can see now is to create a new credit card account and link it with that one instead. 

Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vanmar 

If your old account is limited and you can't remove the card then it may be that paypal customer services are the only ones that can do it for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.