Card verification in Japan

bbuxton
Contributor
Contributor

I used the card confirmation procedure to verify my debit card, but the four-digit code does not appear on my statement just the ¥200 charge. I have tried this twice and had 2 ¥200 charges from Paypal and no verification codes. Does this not work in Japan?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @bbuxton,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with card confirmation. Did the charge only just appear? Sometimes the charge will appear and the description updates within a day or three. If a few days have passed since you started the process and the code has not appeared on your statement, please contact customer service. Please also make sure only to use the most recent charge's code once it shows up. The earlier code would no longer be valid.

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

bbuxton
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Olivia

The problem is almost certainly with how MUFG display their card statements, could be something with other banks in Japan too.

Anyway, there is no 4 digit code after more than a week and two attempts. There is MUFGs own 6 digit transaction number but I do not know how I can use this as proof for PayPal's verification.

Login to Me Too

Dranth
New Community Member

This is still a major issue. My paypal cannot be verified without this code, and I can confirm it does not appear in japan credit statements.

Login to Me Too

govindkrishna
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with MUFG here. I don't see the code.

Login to Me Too

Littlix
New Community Member

Was a fix for this ever found? Having the same issue with Saitama Resona banking.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.