Cannot receive a security code

Whattodo4

I am trying to link my bank account to my paypal account but for some reason my phone won't receive the sms security code even though I have clicked resend so many times to the point where my account got blocked and I had to wait 24 hours. During this time, I phoned over to paypal and they could not do anything on their end until 24 hours passed. I tried again today and still to no avail. 

I have contacted my cellular service carrier and they told me it's on paypal's end. I contacted paypal message system and they told me it's my carrier's end. So if both are telling me its the other person's fault, what am I supposed to do? 

Look at this page, https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Not-receiving-verification-sms/td-p/1550085, from July 2018 to August 2021, users have been suffering the same issue I have yet there is still no solution. Do you guys know of any alternative system to paypal? I don't think paypal know's its sms security code system is faulty or that even if they did, are not making any attempts to fix it. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whattodo4 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.