Cannot convert balance into primary currency for withdrawal

HelenMcL
Contributor
Contributor

I have today received money into my Paypal balance in USD. My primary currency is GBP, which is still displaying as £0.00.

When I go to transfer money to my bank account, the only option I have in the 'payment from' section is my own bank account or 'GBP £0.00' and this option cannot be selected. I am clicking on it, but nothing happens.

Elsewhere in my account pages, I cannot find any means to convert my balance into GBP either. My summary page lists USD and GBP, with a three dots symbol next to each one, like there should be some options pertaining to the currency listings. But nothing happens when I click them.

Is there a problem with my account? With my browser? Is there time I have to wait to be able to do anything with new payments to my Paypal balance?

I am using Firefox on a Windows 10 Home system.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

HelenMcL
Contributor
Contributor

I have now sorted this out - it turns out that the Paypal website does not function properly in Firefox.

Trying the site in another browser, the 'three dots' symbols previously mentioned have a mouseover menu that does not appear in Firefox, where I was able to convert my balance into GBP and then transfer it.

This has caused me a serious amount of stress today, all because the website has apparently not been properly coded for multiple platforms.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

HelenMcL
Contributor
Contributor

I have now sorted this out - it turns out that the Paypal website does not function properly in Firefox.

Trying the site in another browser, the 'three dots' symbols previously mentioned have a mouseover menu that does not appear in Firefox, where I was able to convert my balance into GBP and then transfer it.

This has caused me a serious amount of stress today, all because the website has apparently not been properly coded for multiple platforms.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.