Adding a previous bank account which was restricted on a previous account.

Kiingston
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I am hear to quickly get feedback and see if this can lead anywhere than what's currently going on now.

So when I was under the age of 18 I started up a paypal account to use for online transactions, majority of the people I knew at the time did that too.

So short and simple paypal found out I was underage and restricted my account, but also restricted my bank. Now that wasn't the problem as I could deal with that, but now that I'm over the age of 18, I'm getting seriously irritated and hoping it can get sorted.

I've spent 2 months trying to get this fixed and it essentially starts like this.

Because the previous account was made when under the age of 18, it then had to be fully restricted, I was then instructed to create a new paypal account under a new email address, as well as doing this I was told to email paypal with a recent bank statement to get my current bank account removed off of some black list, as my bank account has been completely blocked from being used as it's being used on another account already. Now as simple as it seems to remove it, I couldn't and was told to take down the old account and to use contact with the new one to sort this out. For the same amount of time I have been trying many methods to get this sorted and I'm being sent around in circles.

When submitting the customer support emails, I was told they were received then not gotten back to for weeks. Then I decided I'd call paypal which cost me quite a lot as I went through 2-3 departments just to get a damn email address. Once receiving this email address, I was told once I sent the statement through to that address, the issue would be sorted, all I'd have to do is tell them the situation and it would sorted!

But no, first reply back I got told I had to call paypal yet again to then sort the issue out then! Costing me more money when all I want is my previous bank account unbanned or removed from this old account which was deleted so I can use paypal again.

Notifying the support member of this, I was then asked for the email of my previous account, which if I closed down, can they access or do they need it to see if it's got a bank account still linked?

Any advice on anything extra I can do to get this sorted? I need paypal urgently for payments and it's been taking too long.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.