Add US bank account to European PayPal Account

zarg404
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I want to add my US bank account to my European PayPal Account. From this official paypal website 

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

it is possible to do it. What do I need to do ? I have mostly $ in my paypal account.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zarg404 

Yes you should be able to link it just click to add bank account and see if you can link it.

If not then you would have to contact customer services and they could link it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zarg404 

Yes you should be able to link it just click to add bank account and see if you can link it.

If not then you would have to contact customer services and they could link it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

zarg404
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I will contact Paypal.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

zarg404
Contributor
Contributor
In fact, it is NOT possible to add a US bank account to a European PayPal account. I got the information from PayPal 😕
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zarg404 

Not all customer service agents have a brain cell, phone again and try another.

Yes you can add a U.S bank account. 

Use PayPal to send and receive money worldwide.
Select a country or region to find out about PayPal’s offerings:

Select a country or region

FRANCE

Withdraw:Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
  • To your local bank account.
  • To your US bank account.

@zarg404

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

zarg404
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  Can you give me the link where you get this information ? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zarg404 

Paypal is a U.S company so if you scroll through the countries you will see that ONLY U.S bank accounts can be linked to most other countries paypal accounts.

Unfortunately some customer services agents live by the mantra 'country specific bank accounts only' which is correct APART from U.S bank accounts (and SEPA countries bank accounts).

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=%5fdisplay%2dcountry%2dfunctionality%2doutside&dispatch=58...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.