The new shipping label generator needs a lot of work!

Wood_to_Works
Contributor
Contributor

There are some issues which should be addressed in order to increase our productivity while using the new Shipping Label generator interface. As it stands, this new interface is MUCH slower than the old one (not to mention the multiple error codes we keep receiving…

These are the issues which slow us down while using the Canada Post Shipping label generator:

- We have to enter KG and G separately (not accepting decimals) in the shipping calculator, as well as on every customs line. On top of that, we actually have to enter 3 KG, 500 G (the triple decimal is a requirement now to make sure the calculator knows we’re entering 3.5 and not 3.005). All of this instead of just typing 3.5 like in the old interface… This leads to multiple unnecessary keyboard strokes for each customs line. Nearly all other label generators by other shipping providers accept decimals. It is much faster and the old interface was accepting decimals. We can also see lots of trouble with Canada Post charging extra for the underpaid service due to entering data this way. Case in point you’ve already posted: “Starting Dec 1, 2016, Canada Post will start charging PayPal Shipping customers for any underpaid postage. Be sure to fill out your shipping labels accurately to avoid shipping disruptions that can result from owing underpaid postage”.

- The new interface does not allow the browser’s auto fill to save information for customs, which means we need to enter each info and tariff codes OVER and OVER again for EACH line on EVERY shipment, which is a MASSIVE waste of time… The old interface doesn’t have this issue, as the auto-fill works and we can reuse the previously entered info.…

- The value of the items is not filled in with the ebay items when filling the customs info.

- Canada is not at the top of country selection as Country of Origin. Having to click or tab and then type CANA for this on each customs line is very annoying. In the old interface has Canada on the first line.

- Your new shipping confirmation emails do not contain the tracking number. If we need to provide the tracking numbers to our customers, or update the tracking on any program outside paypal, we have to log into the paypal and search for each tracking number, rather than searching our emails for the number. Storing the numbers in the emails - on our system - is much faster than having to log into the paypal account and search for the transactions just to get the tracking number. The old confirmations were great, as they contained the tracking numbers...

- On the payment confirmation email we receive, the “View the details of this transaction online” link does not take us to view the transaction… As well, the email generated with the payment confirmation is not formatted to easily allow us to copy / paste the contents of the invoice into our invoices. The old version was much more printer friendly.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

windsurfer51
Contributor
Contributor

The old version works perfect but some guy decided to make it pretty instead of usefull. I am running into the same problem and am still using the old module.  I always say "why fix it if it ain't broke"

Login to Me Too

ElvesBest
Contributor
Contributor

I have three additional problems with the new Canada Post interface:

1)  If I have two packages for one transaction, the program deletes the shipping link after the first label has been created and I can't generate a label for the 2nd box.  So I have to log out and then log in separately to the main Canada Post website in order to finish shipping for the customer! The old program would ask if we wanted to print another label.  Lots of orders require multiple labels.

2)  For international items (boxes going to the USA from Canada) it is mandatory to enter the customers' phone numbers.  Paypal records this information during payment processing.  Why can't that box be pre-populated in the same way as the name and address are?  It will save us a lot of time, especially during the holiday season when we are shipping dozens of boxes a day.  It also will help avoid errors if Paypal uses the telephone number information gathered at point of payment.

3)  We are a custom business.  People order from us in June for items that we ship to them in December.  However, the shipping label links are active for only about 3 months which means we can't  ship via Paypal in December for orders placed before September.  We have to ship all of our June sales through the main Canada Post website.  Very time consuming as we have to manually input all of the customer address information since we can't use the pre-populated shipping interface in PayPal.  I have complained about this issue for custom goods order fulfillment for years to no avail.  There is no alternate means of shipping via Paypal once the shipping links are gone.

Login to Me Too

Jakeroo
Contributor
Contributor

This is a complete cluster **bleep**, i can't print a shipping label even though ALL info is correct. This issue has happened many times and I am at the end of my rope with canadapost. There is no one to speak to or fix this. Paypal says it's canadapost, canadapost is unreachable. What a pathetic corporation cp is, can't wait for Amazon's delivery service to get up and going so I can migrate my business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.