Testing Accounts???

Jhardy
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't think the development team did any testing of the Paypal Sandbox at all. They probably couldn't log in! 

From the Paypal Developer site I click on one of my test mail boxes and click on "Sandbox site" and the next screen wants me to log in, although I am already logged in. So I log in again and go through the same process and end up in the same place, wanting me to log in again?? 

When I click on Profile it brings up the account details. It's Missing the Balance I set for the account and the Credit card is not there either. API credentials is blank and remains blank?? 

Clicking on (https://www.sandbox.paypal.com) brings you back to the log in screen asking you to log in again? 

After logging in I click on "Getting Started" and then "Test Payments" and then "Test Paypal Payments" 

I follow the steps outlined: 

Test PayPal payments

To test PayPal payments, you’ll need a Personal account in the Sandbox Manager to see the transaction from the perspective of the buyer.

1. Log into your account.
  2. Go to the Applications tab.
  3. Click the Sandbox Accounts link on the left side of the page.
  4. Click the Create Account button.
  5. Fill the form, ensuring that you select the Personal radio button to create a buyer account.
  6. Click the Create Account button at the end of the form.
  7. Use the API to create a PayPal payment.
  8. When buyer approval is required for the PayPal payment, use the Personal account to approve the payment.
  9. Use the API to execute the completed payment.
  10. Log in to the Sandbox using the Personal account to review the details of the completed payment.

Learn more about using the PayPal REST API to accept PayPal payments.

What’s next:

It won't let me use an email address of an account I have deleted?? So I change the email and everything looks good. I click "Create Account" and I get this error message: 

We're sorry but something went wrong.Please delete this account and try again.

So I try and create the account again and I get the same error??

so I switch to an account that already exists.  The next step 7. is to use the API to create a payment? Under API it is blank? there is nothing there? 

Nothing seems to be working? So what do I do now?? 

John Hardy

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

benco5000
New Community Member
I have the exact same problem. I can't recreate an account I deleted. We're sorry but something went wrong.Please delete this account and try again.
Login to Me Too

sdadizadeh
New Community Member

I get this error if I try to create a Canadian sandbox account with a credit card.

If I choose US and discover card though, it works fine.

Cool paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.