Paypal my cash error code 203

Dinersat10
New Community Member

So I guess paypal my cash whole system is down cause it won't let me load up my card ... can customer service please help!!!

Login to Me Too
210 REPLIES 210

whatppl
Contributor
Contributor

Oh wow, Glad I found this forum post! This happened to me TODAY! Glad I am not alone, but that could mean something is big wrong.

Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/finance/comments/3wa7mf/paypals_my_cash_card_is_not_paypal_it_is_owned_by/

Login to Me Too

KKeebler
Contributor
Contributor

Third party or not, PayPal's name is all over the card, and PayPal is responsible.

Login to Me Too

Psm128
Contributor
Contributor

Don't say it's not paypals fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! You must be kidding!!! They are getting sued for what they did to me!!!! Have you read anyone's stories???????? It's wrong and you should know that the my cash card can ONLY GO INTO A PAYPAL ACCOUNT! Third party my **bleep**!!!!!!! Who are you kidding? You work for Paypal or something!

Login to Me Too

eyaad
Contributor
Contributor

Nope still nothing. Doesn't want to load. 

Login to Me Too

nestor14
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> you paypal! Are you gonna fix this or what!? I'm late on my rent because of this and late on other bills! Been an <removed> 3 weeks of this! Has anyone had any luck yet? And what a deuce, what do you mean not paypal fault lol you have to be a worker right lol

Login to Me Too

sls5791
New Community Member

It seems to only be happening when you purchase a card for 500. I got the error code Friday when I tried to load $500. It's not PayPal's fault. The back of the card even states the name of the third party company. It's like purchasing an iPhone, and when it doesn't work you blame the cell carrier. Just because you purchase the phone in a specific company's store, and if it's defective, it's the third party manufacturer that's to blame, not the carrier. I've had problems with PayPal directly in the past, and their customer service is outstanding. They went above and beyond to fix my problem. This company selling the cards, is another story. No one in their customer service, in 17 calls, could even tell me what the error code 203 even meant. Even though I had the pin number and serial number, all they could tell me was that there was 500 waiting to be redeemed. Because I wasn't the one who purchased the card, they wouldn't do anything else for me. All "Connie" could say was that I had to have the person who purchased the card call in to get the information on what to do for a replacement or refund. They are not quick on resolving the issue at all. If it's clearly an issue happening often, you'd think they would be on the issue to resolve the problem happening online, or offer a way to deposit the cash for you via the pin and serial number. We started purchasing the cards because of previous issues with PayPal transferring directly from the bank account into PayPal. But PayPal resolved that issue while still on the phone with them. From now on, I think I'd rather deal with PayPal directly, because this company selling the cards clearly doesn't give a care about their customers. 

Login to Me Too

EB765

Paypal mycash is running some type of scam. Dec 4th loaded money on my cash card and tried to load to Paypal account. Came up with Error messaage 203. Called..sent copy of receipt, card and my ID (why they need the ID is beyond me). Told 3 Business days and this woud be resolved..Today I was told that there was Fraudulent activity going on with my account and file a police report and have the police give them a call (so they would get a ticket). <removed> I told them that there has been no fraudulent activity going on with my account and if therre was or had been PAYPAL would have contacted me or shut my account down. Had my Girlfriend and friend tried to run the card through and same error message (203). SO i called mycash back and told them that it's the card and not my account because if it was account then the card would have worked for them. They went back to the fraudulent activity BS they gave me before and said it was the compliance department that said the same BS!

Has anyone else having the same issue and told anything regarding fraudulent activity!  

Login to Me Too

Psm128
Contributor
Contributor

I was told to email all that info and I would have my money in 24 to 48 hours. Well I decided to make my 10th call to make sure it was going to happen!!!!! Well they then tell me I must send 1 paragraph stating why I want a refund and all the same stuff they got through email but now I have to use Snail Mail!!!!!!! My letter is Long and why a paragraph? Like I'm in school. Hope they like my 3 page PARAGRAPH!!!!! It will take at least 2 weeks to even get the money then and as they lady stated to me "If I even get it back" I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN had I didn't call to check.  It is Paypals fault because if you look up my cash card it clearly states that paypal was starting these cards a while back. DO NOT let others convince you otherwise because if it was true then we could deposit our money else where, like a bank. Paypal is TOTALLY responsible and I was told that they are. As you can see we never get a REP from Paypal responding to any of this but yet they respond to the other ppl with problems. We need to get together on this and get them! That was all I had to live on and pay bills. It's been 2 weeks since this all started for me. It has ruined my little girls Xmas because now I'm in behind in my bills and now my water will be shut off. I cannot believe some of you seriously don't think Paypal is responsible! Ummmmmm funny!! My cash card says My PAYPAL and this 3rd party company cannot just say hey lets sell Paypal cards and put money in peoples accounts WITHOUT PAYPAL knowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just don't work that way. We need someone like an attorney to get on here and tell us what we can do. If not I'm going to my magistrates office and filing soon!

Login to Me Too

nohappy123
Contributor
Contributor

they are  scammers i lost over 400 from this myself an they are not doing a thing about it !!!

Login to Me Too

Tinarocks0311
Contributor
Contributor
In having same problem like they think no one responsible that incomm they just hung up on me when I finally got real person
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.