PayPal's Erratic Behavior

Taxpayers
Contributor
Contributor

After years of being a loyal customer, my group finally reached the $1000 per month limit which we only use at event time in July when we sell a bunch of tickets. In the past we would withdraw $500 per month until we got the full amount, and I think it was raised to $1000 someone recently.

Fast forward to January, when not much activity has happened on our account,  and while trying to withdraw $260. to the checking, we find our limit is now $100.

Calling resulted in the usual "we need a credit card" (which we don't have because we neither buy nor sell anything) or a SS# which we don't have because we are a group with a tax ID instead. People cannot use their SS# because they have personal accounts and can't give it twice.

I am convinced that PayPal is not equipped to deal with groups, only individuals.

I will be calling the limitations office tomorrow and if a satisfactory resolution is not reached, we will be moving on to use a different method of collecting  our infrequent donations which our non profit  group needs to pay the rent.

We can no longer deal with PayPal's erratic and inadequate provisions for groups.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Taxpayers
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, the directions to resolving this sudden limitation business tells me to go to a link that has NO link to lifting your limit.

There are lots of dead links on PayPal's website. It is very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal can handle non-profit groups.  Upgrade your personal account to a business account.  Personal accounts are generally for individuals and have limited business-type features.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.