Why you don't want to tie your credit / debit card to PayPal

dabuzzkill
Contributor
Contributor

Ok folks. I have learned the hard way.   I thought it made a lot more sense to use PayPal as a primary source of payment when purchaing online.  I have used the "Pay with PayPal" for sometime and just select my creidt or debit card as my choice of payment to the third party vendor.  All works OK UNTIL you have have problem with the vendor.   Unlike a traditional purcahse using a Credit Card or Debit card, you now interject a third party - PayPal.   Case in point.  I purchased a lawn mowever from Sears in early December and did in-store pickup.   I took it BACK to Sears store after seeing it was damanged.  No biggie right?  WRONG.  It is now almost a month later and I still have not gotten money refunded.  I have receipt showing that I did indeed return it to Sears.  I filed a dispute with PayPal assuming they would help out. WRONG.  Yesterday I received a follow-up to my dispute; PayPal asking me to send the item back to Sears in IL and provide a tracking number.  Idiots.   This was in store pickup and I explaiend this.  I already returned the item.  With a traditional credit card or debit, I could have disputed the transaction and had my money back already.   Bottom line is, this never occured to me that PayPal's resolution staff would be so grossly incompitent.   Now I have to get the local media problelm solver involved just to get my refund.   

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The only way paypal can know if you returned an item to a seller is with a tracking number that proves delivery.

If you choose to take it back yourself then thats fine but you have lost your buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

violaThompson
New Community Member
but can't you get your own pre paid debit credit MasterCard and link it to PayPal I would like to know that would make things simpler
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.