banned for life???

bobcat57
Contributor
Contributor

Approximately 10 years ago I used Paypal to purchase something that was illegal - I did not realize that fact at the time. Legality varies from state to state and country to country. In any case after about 8 years or so I tried to open a new account and was able to do so no problem. Then after several years I received a message from Paypal that my account was being restricted because it was linked to my previous account. Apparently Paypal never heard of forgive and forget or letting bygones be bygones etc. So I appealed and to my surprise they informed me it was a lifetime ban. I was incredulous to say the least. So that wasnt enough, they were going to get a pound of flesh any way possible. I recently purschased some items on ebay and they blocked me from paying for them with my own debit and/or credit cards. I cannot believe this BS. Talk about big business getting too big - Paypal apparently now has power over ebay to block transactions involving ne'er do-wells like myself. I am not an expert in matters financial but my guess is that eBay would not be too pleased about the fact that Paypal is causing them to lose sales. I will not do business with ebay anymore thanks to Paypal's ridiculously punitive measures. For God's sake I was convicted of a crime some years back and did my time (3 years probation) and am now a citizen in good standing etc. I can vote and do just about anything else any other citizen can do save purchasing a firearm. I trust you get my point. I am a professional, a taxpayer, a licensed RN for 20+ years in fact, but that's not good enough for Paypal. Can anyone explain to me why Paypal is so unforgiving or offer any suggestions for appealing their excessively harsh punishment. I mean even convicted killers get paroled.

Thanks so much.

Bobcat

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Their site, their rules.  You don't have to use them.  These companies can decide to do business with whomever they want to do business with.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.