Unauthorized transactions

woaafm
New Community Member

I had an unauthorized transaction on my account. Sat on hold for over 3 hours before I finally got to talk to someone who told me they couldn't do anything to stop it. So it drafted my bank account resulting in an overdraft fee. The next day I get an email from paypal saying they had decided in my favor on the dispute I had opened. By then the company had actually refunded the money. But it's still not in my account even though there's a transaction right there showing it was done. Apparently Paypal put a hold on it for some reason they haven't decided to share with me. Then I go to check my bank account today and imagine my surprise when I see ANOTHER $25 charge from Paypal.....yet another overdraft. And again, no transaction ID, no explanation.....and of course their customer service line is closed. So I'm now $135 broker thanks to this pathetic company and their dishonest practices. I've contacted the Better Business Bureau and I'm going to military legal on Monday and letting them take care of this. And closing my paypal and ebay accounts for good. This is the second time this crap has happened and I'm done dealing with it. I'm guessing I'm probably not going to get any of my money back......

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

pika-steph
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even find a telephone number to call Pay Pal.  Can someone help me.  Someone is making repeated unauthorized transactions on my account and they are draining my bank account!  HELP!

Login to Me Too

gbaker

I feel your pain.  Calling customer service is useless - how does one even get through?  Appears system is design so you can't get through and can't get an answer.

I tried emailing about an unauthorized transaction on my credit card - no response - I finally contacted the person who received the money and they refunded .  That still does not answer the question - who used my account to make the transaction?

Then I made a small online purchase - PayPal declined it.  The business contacted me.  We tried it again.  Once again declined.

No response to two emails about the issue - looking at the way the emails are set up - you really can't even choose an subject that makes sense - pretty sure the emails go down a rathole.

I don't even know if my card is still valid - not sure I care.  Only way to find out is to try to use it I guess.  I have a small balance to pay off then I inclined to cancel and move on to a more responsive credit card company

Anybody got an idea out there - how does one get through?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.