Seller Protection: Buyer Pays Return Shipping

TheSamaKutra
New Community Member

I'm just appalled at the moment with the whole process of a return through PayPal. As a buyer, I'm being asked to pay for return shipping only because I had received an item. So regardless of which item I received because I received something, PayPal is choosing to step back, standby and watch what is by definition fraud. Instead of handling this on a case by case basis or taking evidence and proof to weigh into a decision PayPal has chosen to partake in indifference to the point of indolence.  How easy would it be to cheat any buyer over like that? As a seller, one could send the wrong item purposefully or as a mistake and make the return shipping nigh impossible to be worthwhile. "Here is any item, by the way I know I sent the wrong item but you have to pay 1/3 of the item price just for return shipping. Tell me when you send it." My suggestion is to not just stand idle and force the buyer to pay return shipping. When the burden of proof lies on the buyer, why not let them present it instead of being so partial. PayPal says this is a "fair and amicable" solution. Fair is a terrible term to describe this and amicable would be the person at fault taking responsibility for their mistake. Neither of which are being demonstrated no matter how many times you repeat it.  I know I have, now at least. My mistake was charging this transaction through PayPal. Thankfully, I learn from my mistakes.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.