PayPal and Ebay need to be taken to court for inappropriate use of funds

clhenker
Contributor
Contributor

This policy of holding sellers money is nothing more than a scam and a way for Paypal to earn interest on money that is NOT theres.  I am fed up with this Ebay/PayPal buyer protection **bleep**.  If anyone has a class action suit already in process I WANT IN..  If not I will start looking into starting one myself.  Fair warning PayPal/Ebay you are not the only fish in the sea and sellers are leaving everyday it is a matter of time before your game is done.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

1Mrmark
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, it seems like they think we are stupid or something, they make this way harder than it has to be I am sure to get people sick of trying to get an answer. Hey I am all for free money but be realistic you greedy **bleep**. 30 days for a tewo bit deal and you make sure it goes south? Why? And where the hell is my money? It says the decision was made to reverse payment but no payment has shown up in any of my accounts. If you know its been reversed, put the money back jackass!

Login to Me Too

vwatts
Contributor
Contributor

I do not buy from E-Bay but sometimes I use PayPal for a purchase and sometimes I do not. But when I get a refund it does not go into my account it came from. When I ask questions I NEVER GET A ANSWER TO MY Question(s). They either say we can't respond to your e-mail or tell me how to do some BS that will not even help with the problem. I never had a problem until November of last year. I got a refund and it has never went into my account. And it has been removed from my account. I even sent an e-mail to the Corporate Office and guess what NO ANSWER BACK EITHER!!!!!!!!  Not a surprise. So how do we get the money back that belongs to US????????????????????? I have had several refunds and they still to this day not back into my account. Where can I get answers that will help to solve this problem???????????

@clhenker wrote:

This policy of holding sellers money is nothing more than a scam and a way for Paypal to earn interest on money that is NOT theres.  I am fed up with this Ebay/PayPal buyer protection **bleep**.  If anyone has a class action suit already in process I WANT IN..  If not I will start looking into starting one myself.  Fair warning PayPal/Ebay you are not the only fish in the sea and sellers are leaving everyday it is a matter of time before your game is done.

Login to Me Too

Kritsada
Contributor
Contributor

I had these problem when I was a seller long ago.
I stopped selling after finding that there wasnt any other option out there.
My fund was held for God knows, 180 days, though it was refunded, complete to me after the 180 days elapsed.

Regardless, I'm now a buyer and I'm afraid of getting scammed by seller.

You see, it's odd.. When I'm a seller, I'm afraid of both Paypal and buyer.

Now I'm a buyer but I'm still afraid of Paypal and the seller.

So what's the problem here? Paypal seems like the problem for not being able to properly handle all of these buy-sell affairs.

Login to Me Too

murphyslaww
Contributor
Contributor

After yet another difficult time with Ebay/PayPal, I've done some research.

PayPal attempted to ban Class Action suits, but it appears that you are able to opt out of that ban. d(But have to have already done so in writing, your government working for you... NOT.)

I think PayPal likely needs to set right in their course on account holds, and customer service at this point and charged interest for aggregate holds of funds.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

So, you have to individually sue PayPal in small claims court for whatever you feel you are owed. 

Best thing to do, is close your account and vote as a consumer. Hopefully the payment system Google is bringing will not be attached to paypal in any way, and will be more oriented to the individual, and not PayPal's cash cows.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.