New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

wylie

I can't find anything on the new view. It takes forever and I just seem to go around in circles. The new view is NOT user friendly and I don't have time to mess with it.

And now, the button to return to the old view is gone.

Why are you making things more difficult? The old version was easy to use. This one sucks.

Login to Me Too

got_stairs
New Community Member

I like the classic version WAY WAY WAY BETTER. THE NEW ONE SUCKS

HOW DO i GET THE CLASSIC VERSION BACK??

Login to Me Too

Janshackelford
New Community Member

I hate the new PayPal Look. Change it back to classic view. I used to could login and each time change it back and now suddenly I can't change it and I am really upset. I do all my business through PayPal and this is going to make me search for a new bank. Why did they change this   It was perfect before 

Login to Me Too

MiniatureGIANT
New Community Member

Now I can even choose the classic view each time I log in?  Bad enough I couldn't make it my default.  I run a business and don't have the time or desire to learn a completely new layout with huge buttons -- I have a large screen and want to use it.  What is wrong with PayPal???  Do you really want to alienate your business customers by FORCING them to do it your way?

Login to Me Too

RainyDP
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case you all don't know, PP does not read any of this. They have no connection to this community.

If everyone that posted here would have contacted PP personally, we would still have the Classic version.

Login to Me Too

Online-Seller
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't understand why PayPal is so insistent that the "New" PayPal site is better. There are sooo many reasons the "New" doesn't work as efficiently, I'll start with one:

• Problem - Light blue text on a white or grayed background.

Come on really... this actually slows me down a few milliseconds as it takes longer to distinquish the text. Where's the contrast, blue is one of the hardest colors for humans to see and PayPal makes it light blue to boot.

Give up on the "New" PayPal already! or give us a choice.

Login to Me Too

ragladyd
Contributor
Contributor

To find Classic View"

. . .Go to Summery Page

. . . Select: "More > "

. . .Listed at the bottom in blue line is:  "Classiv View of Activity"

Login to Me Too

RainyDP
Contributor
Contributor

That isn't there anymore. Or I can't find the summery page, lol.

Login to Me Too

MrFancyCancel

The new site does look like something created byand for 12 year olds. Terrible. DON'T LET CHILDREN PLAY WITH YOUR WEB SITE and yes I am shouting - doubt if you are listening Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.