MoneyPak Problems... Please HELP!!!

jpierce99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

This is my first experience with either PayPal or Moneypak. I decided to buy a MoneyPak card and put $140 onto it with the intent of adding this money to my PayPal account. So I logged into PayPal, clicked add money, add money from MoneyPak. And I enter the MoneyPak number on my card and click how much I want to add to my PayPal account. So, next thing it does is ask for all this personal information, including my social security number. Nowhere on the MoneyPak does it mention any of this, so I think its rather deceptive but oh whatever I'll add it anyways and it will be okay.

After adding all my personal information, I doubled and tripled checked it to make sure it was correct. After that I click submit information or whatever its called and it says "can't verify your information. You cannot use MoneyPak to add money to PayPal".....Huh? You guys already have my money? So I can request a refund of my MoneyPak money,  but I don't want to do that, I want to fund my PayPal account through MoneyPak.

So I e-mail MoneyPak support, and I get some atomized e-mail back that doesn't answer my question at all, but just simply states if you can't be verified you can't use MoneyPak. I call the MoneyPak support and talk to a lady for about 10minutes. She doesn't really help much at all. To use a MoneyPak you must be 18 years old, and I recently turned 18 4 days ago. So I figured that's a good reason I wouldn't be in any database and the lady agreed. I am getting a debit card within 7-10 days and I asked the lady if I would be in the database and be verified and she said yeah, probably.

So basically, I'm going to have to wait to see if I enter this magical database MoneyPak uses to verify people when I get my debit card. Even if I do, the problem is now, that after the first few times I tried entering my MoneyPak, it obviously didn't work, but it did give me the option to put in all my personal information again. I did this multiple times but it never worked. Now when I try entering my moneypak information, it allows to enter my MoneyPak number, and it allows me to select how much of the $140 I want to add. But when I click the next step which is like verification, it doesn't allow me to enter my personal information anymore, it just goes directly to the page were it says none of my information could be verified.

*Sigh*

This whole experience has been a complete mess. I seriously doubt me receiving a debit card will change my verification status. Even if it does, I don't know if I can enter my MoneyPak information anymore. Why you need to verify for something you have already paid for is completely senseless to me. Oh well. Sorry for the long post. Any help would be appreciated. Or if someone went through the refund process, tell me how that works. I heard that the "refund", costs you 5$ in service fees. Of course it would. Well anyways any help would be appreciated, Thanks..

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Kat9090
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. No one on paypal or moneypak is any help at all. All i want is the money on my account so I can buy my stuff on ebay. So if there is something you did that worked out please spread the word my way. I've been dealing with this for two weeks. I have $400 that is completely useless and this is my second time buying the moneypak. It won't let me do anything with this card.

Login to Me Too

jpierce99
Contributor
Contributor

I hear you, its terrible. I'm waiting to get my debit card from the bank, which should be arriving in the mail sometime soon. The lady at MoneyPak really had no idea what she was talking about, but I seemed to suggest if it might work when I get my debit card, and she seemed to agree. But I have no idea. Its frustrating. I know my debit card won't make myself "verified", so I'll probably get my refund check sent to me. Then maybe I'll use my debit card for purchases. The whole thing is worthless though, why should I have to be verified for something I already paid money for? Such a scam. Let me know how the process goes for you and what you do.

Login to Me Too

Kat9090
Contributor
Contributor
I just started using my bank account... Which is the whole reason I use moneypak. But I got tired of no help from PayPal or moneypak. Im going to stop using moneypak because this is rediculus. The downside is I have to wait 3 days for the money to post on PayPal. **bleep**... Moneypak lost business with me. I hope your situation gets better.
Login to Me Too

jpierce99
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I'm going to use my bank account as well. I requested a refund on the current moneypaks, which will take 7-10 days I guesd( I hope.). So hopefully that works out, and yeah moneypak lost business with me as well.

Login to Me Too

JJG1996

I am 16 and didnt know there was an age limit on moneypak or paypal...(my fault I guess.)So i requested a refund and it said it taked 7-10 days so it been 13 days and i havent got the check.Me being dumb i threw my recepit and card with the number on back.I didnt know you could kind of track it so i think i got **bleep**ed out of 180 dollars.THANKS PAYPAL!!!

Login to Me Too

trut3ch

I got involved with moneypak after purchasing a cellphone on ebay. I was short a few bucks in my paypal account for expedited shipping. Rather than wait the 3-5 days to transfer from my bank account I just ran to the 7/11 by my house to buy a card with the minimal amount on it (I only needed $3 but you have to buy $20 minimum).

Once I reached the verification page I stopped. It just didn't feel right. Why my SSN? I clicked the refund option and selected a cheaper method of shipping instead.

I had to give them some personal information (not my SSN) to get my refund. This whole thing is stupid to me. You don't need ID or a SSN to purchase a money order. That's another form of cash exchange you have to pay a service fee for. They can't say they are required by some legislation to gather this information, so why do it? I say the reason is simple.. to make money off of it. Why else do it? They have our cash, they got their service fee, we get to moneypak's website from inside our Paypal accounts AFTER we log into it.

Another thing to question is.. They got their service fee.. why do they care who we are or that we are giving cash to someone else.. Did they ever ask you who you are OR who you're sending money to when you buy a Money Order? .. **bleep** no.. they say give is our $1.50 and we'll mind our business. I say to moneypak, you got your service fee, now stfu and pass my money along wherever I say I want it to go.

My Response to Moneypak:

"You don't need my Social Security number to verify me with paypal. They have verified me with my bank account and my personal information already. I hereby insist that AFTER you send me my refund you remove all identifying information about me from your database(s) and I demand you never release/sell/forfeit identifying information about me in any way, shape, or form. This whole thing seems suspect to me now. You're probably just gathering information to sell it to someone else.. I notice you don't say THAT in your pitch about how you will not use my social security number for "credit checks or market research." Your verification process is bull**bleep**, you already HAVE MY MONEY .. I got to your site by clicking a link in my paypal account AFTER I LOGGED INTO IT .. it's ME. You're interrupting the process of cash exchanges???? Why?? what more do you need? Idiots. I want my $4.95 back too. I better get a check for $24.95 within 10 days. This is the most ridiculous process for moving cash from one place to another I've ever experienced."

REPOSTED IN NEW TOPIC

Login to Me Too

CJW932
New Community Member

just create a new paypal account - just did it, i had the same problem as all of you, called them lady suggested making new account so i did. hope it helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.