Fast on taking money, slow on refund

fixit7
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I make a purchase using Paypal, the money is withdrawn from my account within minutes.

I had a balance and have made 2 requests to have the money credited to my bank account.

It's been a week and I am still waiting. !!!!

No excuse for this behavior.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fixit7

When you make a purchase its never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

That is why we have buyers on here confused in that their item is on the way but the funds have not left their funding source yet.

Yes sometimes the funds do leave more quickly but that does not mean paypal or your seller has received them, especially if its via instant bank transfer as it has to go via electronic transfer (not wire transfer) and that takes several days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fixit7
Contributor
Contributor

The money in my account came from someone who deposited the money.

It has nothing to do with any purchase.

I elected to get a paper check sent to me.

With a $1.50 charge for that, I should get the check within 4 days.

However, I was told it would be 1 to 2 weeks.

That is ridiculous.

Please stop making excuses.

I feel that the long delay is so Paypal can get more interest on the money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fixit7

Thats fine rude person, will make i don't respond to ANYTHING you ever ask on here again.

You did not SAY it was a withdrawal by check  !!!!

AND my information was correct, you said everytime you pay for something it is INSTANT........well it IS NOT......FACT.

BYE

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fixit7
Contributor
Contributor

It took 14 minutes. Instant in my book.

Order placed on

Tuesday, Jun 14, 2016 9:43 am

06/14/2016

PAYMENT/TRANSFER DEBIT PAYPAL *ONDEALSTN ONDEALS San Jose  Jun 14 @ 9:57am

$ -29.99

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevehayes

As i said it may or may not leave your bank account quickly BUT it takes a few more days as it goes via electronic and not wire transfer to get to paypal  >>>>

http://www.ehow.com/info_8537474_difference-wire-t​ransfer-electronic-transfer.html

ELECTRONIC TRANSFER......WHICH PAYPAL USE.

Because processing electronic fund transfers involves a third party in the automated clearing house -- which processes the transactions overnight -- the time it takes to complete this type of transfer is generally between one and four business days.

WIRE TRANSFER ......WHICH PAYPAL DOES NOT USE.

Since one bank completes a wire transfer by dealing with another bank directly, wire transfers occur faster than electronic fund transfers. Often, banks complete wire transfers in real time, making funds available to a receiver within minutes or hours of a person beginning the transaction.

AS I SAID THAT IS WHY WE GET BUYERS ON HERE CONFUSED THAT THEIR ITEM IS ON THE WAY YET THE FUNDS HAVE NOT LEFT THEIR BANK ACCOUNT YET..........FUNDS CAN LEAVE YOUR FUNDS FROM PRETTY QUICK UP TO A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER.

SO NOT INSTANT INFACT BUT PAYPAL CREDIT THE SELLER OR PERSON YOU ARE PAYING FOR YOU IN ADVANCE.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.