Does paypal respond? BBB complaint, 50 failed attempts at contact. Is only resource to sue them?

bgtheory
Contributor
Contributor

We had fraud in our account; so my first step was to try and change the password. 

The password change form won't work becuase of an error in PayPal's system with our CC.

Over the past month, I have attempted to contact them more than 50 times.

I have never once received a response.

I have filed a BBB complaint - they never responded.

I went to close the account (this is a drastic move as we have processed hundreds of thousands of dollars with them). I can't close it because of the password issue.

My next step seems to be to sue them to close the account. That seems drastic, but I've wasted more than 10 hours trying to get in touch with them.

Is there anyway to get in touch with them?

Or does anyone know the address of their legal department so we can send a summons?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

boobers34
Contributor
Contributor

I'm fairly sure paypal has no one running it. I've yet to had any responses from a paypal member. just auttomated things that are out of date.

I think you could try to sue them but good luck finding anyone to sue.

Login to Me Too

WAXLP
Contributor
Contributor

I also had a problem with PayPay where my account was hacked into last year. A name was there in my statement, I spoke to someone on the phone the same day I noticed this. They put the full amount back into my account & the person I was talking to said someone will contact me & let me know what they find out when they look into the name on the withdraw. So, that was OVER a year ago. No calls no --computer generated (what eBay & PayPal are best known for) nothing!!! I wonder if they just put my money back because it was so much easier than doing ANY type of research to find out who was trying to take my money!!!

Great system, almost as good as the 'dispute center'---Ha!!! Both are jokes!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.