"Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you"

Temp20220216l
New Community Member

I needed to make a time sensitive purchase, but of course every single time I tried to check out with paypal I was met with a loading error and a white screen.  Paypal then forced me to update my password, kept giving me the same errors, and finally locked me out of the account with:

Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you

And of course in true Paypal fashion, I can't fix the problem on my own and have to wait over an hour for their customer service desk to open. I hate this dysfunctional service so much and wouldn't be using it if it wasn't for the fact that the website I'm trying to purchase from doesn't accept other payment methods. The item I'm purchasing is facing a national shortage and down to the last on the listing, and by the time my access is restored on this awful platform, the item will have sold out.  

How can I fix this problem? PayPal, why are you so horrible?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

iTesla
Contributor
Contributor

Hello
I was getting such messages because i had Proxy enabled in my browser which changes my IP, see maybe you use VPN or Proxy which changes your location, revert back and test.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.