"Quick Security Check" has completely removed any ability of me using paypal for online purchases

InfuratedUser
Contributor
Contributor

I have  my phone number on my account. It has been on my account since I fixed it last month and spent about 3 days with support figuring it out. I can now log in to my paypal with no issues. IT uses this phone number every single time I log in as two-step verifaction, with no issues whatsover. So it stands to reason that this phone number is verified as mine, since I've used it as verification upward of a hundred times now, right? Nope, completely wrong according to PayPal!

I am able to cash out to my bank without issue. I can send money with no issue. I cannot make an online payment. When I am taken to paypal checkout, I log in just like normal. It asks for my two-step, I input the code that it texts me, and it accepts it. Queue loading screen, and then... QUICK SECURITY CHECK: ADD A PHONE NUMBER TO VERIFY!

This is absolutely infuriating. This is the same issue that stopped my from using my account before. Now that I have resolved that issue, and have been using my account with my phone number attached to it for a month now, suddenly this is happening again. Paypal, REMOVE QUICK SECURITY CHECK. It is an absolutely useless way to verify someones name. 50% of the world has a shared plan, so how in the **bleep** does the account holders name on a phone number have ANYTHING to do with verifying my identity? And why am I being asked to "add a phone number" immediately after you have literally texted me a security code and accepted it?

I'm at my wits end. Thanks for the free money sending service PayPal, but whoever designed this security measure needs to be fired and never allowed to work on any digital security team ever again. How you managed this far is beyond me.

Here are some exceedingly clear screenshots of the process.

My two step verification: <removed>

The multiple texts I have recieved from paypal just in the last day while signing in successfully: <removed>

The useless security check that some idiot who doesn't know how phone accounts work thought was a good idea: <removed>

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

VuittonTroi
Contributor
Contributor
Same here planning on sueing them
Login to Me Too

yamileth4813
New Community Member
im having the same problem it has the number on file but it keeps telling me that security cant add the number im not able to send money or transfe my funds nothing ive been emailing these people ive done everything basically my money is not mines they need to remove the security feature is too much my account is verifies my identity is verifies right now my money is just standing in my account its just sitting there im not able to send it to noone so they can give it to me or transfer it to my banking account its insane 😡😡😡😡
Login to Me Too

Bryant95
It is incredibly frustrating and I am struggling to find alternative ways to pay my bills at the moment because they all come through PayPal which is where majority of my funds are. Asking me to verify my identity with my phone number I have had for 6 years but suddenly PayPal does not support my type of phone. IPhone 8+ have never had this issue before and will be using alternative ways to keep my money before closing my account
Login to Me Too

Colintomison83
Contributor
Contributor
How can this be fixed? I'm ready to start a class action lawsuits. I just lost my wife because of this. I needed the emergency funds from my account. Quick security check stopped it. My wife passed away yesterday morning. This time last week she was healthy. YOU HEAR ME PAYPAL. I'VE LAWYERED UP, AND COLLECTING PLANTIFFS FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.