Why can't I speak to a human?

therealashjones
Contributor
Contributor

Somebody has opened a PayPal account using my email address. I'm amazed that this is even possible. I want to speak to a human at PayPal about this but it seems there are no humans working at PayPal.

Can this really be true?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@therealashjones 

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

therealashjones
Contributor
Contributor

I tried with Facebook but the responses are automated and the robot could not answer my questions.

Again, no humans behind the customer services contact method.

Login to Me Too

Briejm
Contributor
Contributor

The numbers I have for Paypal customer service are <Removed> The 888 being the main one. I always find the numbers on gethuman dot com website. It's great! ♡

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Briejm 

Thats why i posted 'options available' can't give you anymore than that.

DO NOT use numbers posted on this forum as they are often SCAM numbers for FAKE customer services scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Briejm
Contributor
Contributor
Well mine came straight out of my phone book. I see they were removed though. Get human (one word) dot com is a legit source for all human contacts on most business'. I love it. Search if it's legit before actually going to it if your not sure. Then thank me later 😉
Login to Me Too

therealashjones
Contributor
Contributor

Calling them by phone does not result in speaking to a human. This is the root of the problem. It is an automated system that always results in a message that they are too busy at the moment and then they end the call. No matter which route through the many options I take this is the result.

Impossible to speak to a human.

Login to Me Too

Briejm
Contributor
Contributor
I've called them several times, at 2 different numbers. But if you want to be certain you get them just log in to your paypal and select "contact us" at the bottom and call them with the phone number listed. You should also get a one time pass code which you can use to help them verify you. This way you'll know you're talking to the real PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.